Saturday, May 21, 2011

Canoe Ride

Bella saw the canoe one day at one of the Silver's parties. After seeing this possibility, she asked me multiple times daily if I could take her on the g(r)een boat. I explained that we would do it on a day when daddy was home. Finally that long awaited day arrived. Her first canoe ride. She loved it.
She was cautious at first and we were very firm in our instruction that it was important she sit very still during the ride so as not to tip the boat. We then explained we were wearing life jackets so we would float instead of sink if we fell in the water. Shortly after this, Bella leaned forward to look at something in the bottom of the boat. I overreacted (surprise) and caused the boat to wobble a little bit. Bella started crying really hard and Scott was amazing at gently calming her down. As she calmed down, she asked in between cries "did I sink?"

Ranger Scott.